A fresh installed MySQL has a blank password. So, my scenario is that my MySQL server was installed by XAMPP 1.8.1, and I wanted to assign a root password to it. Instead of doing that in a traditional way, I chose to use XAMPP Security Page.
- Open XAMPP Control Panel
- Start Apache Server and MySQL Server
- Open a Web browser and point to the address:
- Change the Language to English.
- Click on the link
http://localhost/security/xamppsecurity.phpon that page.
- Enter the new root password for MySQL
- Check on
httpradio button for the phpMyAdmin authentication
- Click on
- Point browser to the address
http://localhost/phpmyadmin/, you will be presented with a pop-up window for entering username and password
- enter “root” as a username, and
whatever that you just set it upfor password.